Re: GG Lars Vogt plays GG's cadenzas for Beethoven

On Wed, 16 Oct 1996, Junichi Miyazawa wrote:

> Beethoven: Piano concertos Nos 1 & 2
> Lars Vogt, piano
> City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
> Sir Simon Rattle, conductor
> ( EMI Classics 7243 5 56266 2 2 )
>
> The package contains two CDs:
> One for the two concertos played with
> "ordinary" cadenzas by the composer;
> the other one, a bonus CD, for another performance of
> No.1, with the cadenzas written by GG (1954).
>
> I suppose this is the second recording of GG's
> brilliant cadenzas, the first of which is made by GG himself.

Looks interesting!

The first-movement cadenza was published in _Contemporary Keyboard_ about
twenty years ago, as part of a long article about Gould.  I have an old
photocopy somewhere.  Anybody have the exact citation?  Has the
third-movement cadenza been published anywhere?  (When I played the third
movement in high school, I wished it had been available.)

Bradley Lehman, bpl@umich.edu       http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/