early recordings

From: Tim Conway <tpconway@ozemail.com.au>

I have two 'The Young Glenn Gould' tapes by VOX-TURNABOUT (Moss Music
Group, Inc., NY) of very early recordings made of GG and Alberto
Guerrero

The second, KC 334 793, has the Mozart 4-hand stuff you mention (Allegro
from K521, Andante + 5 Vars K501, Allegro di molto from K497) on side
one; on side two is another 4-hander (Fantasy No. 1, K594) played by the
two of them, and JSB's Italian Concerto but played by Guerrero, not
Gould.

 Was it really Guerrero playing the Italian Concerto? The CD version
doesnUt make this clear. I was really puzzled by how un-Gouldian this
recording sounded, and (with respects to Guerrero) how badly played
it was.

Stephan Hamann
shamann@ucsd.edu