GG: David Bar-Ilan

There is not a whole lot (that I'm aware of) to know regarding Mr. Bar-Ilan.  He did have a career of some
note and duration, and still concertizes to an extent.  I don't recall seeing any of his recordings anywhere,
but it is quite likely they exist.  To the last of my knowledge (three or so years ago) he was teaching at the
College-Conservatory of Music at the University of Cincinnati.

Similar to Glenn Gould's avoidance of practice and habit of warming up by soaking his hands, wrists and upper
arms in warm water, David has a curious method of practicing.  He practices his technique by depressing the
piano keys in such a manner as to not actually produce a sound.  In the book "The View from the Keyboard" by
David Dubal, Bar-Ilan confesses that he developed this technique out of necessity while a student, in order to
avoid disturbing the people in the neighboring apartment.

I'm not sure whether or not he and GG ever met.  I don't recall either of them mentioning it in the above
book.  I'll go dig it out and check.