GG: re: Other pianists?

Hi Alun, Neil and list members -

>Sokolov is the only artist who's Bach I love and at times prefer to
GG.
>His recording of the Art of the Fugue and the 2nd Partita should tes
tify
>to that. [Neil]

-- Yes, I love the disc by Sokolov too.
His performance of the A/F is penetrating.

Any other pianist?
I recommend you a legendary Russian pianist Maria Yudina (1899-1970).

One disc of contemporary music is available from BMG.
There are several discs available from an Italian label named Arlecch
ino
(mainly Beethoven).
Also, some from a Japanese label named Triton.
Her performance is very solemn and
far from "hedonistic"(the word GG hated).

Junichi, Tokyo