Re: GG dropping Kazdin

    I suppose Kazdin fell prey to the illusion that these rules did not apply
    to him.

Indeed.  The thing I remember best about Kazdin's book is that he first
noted that Gould had this distressing habit of cutting off friends or
colleagues without warning or explanation -- and then he was surprised
when Gould treated *him* that same way (because he thought he was ``so
special'').

(Peter, special thanks to you for posting your first-hand recollections
of GG...)