GG: Other Tangents

I've been receiving this list for some time now but have never contributed
anything. I'm a pianist of some 25 years exp., jazz professionally and Bach
at home. The recent talk of Goulds personality and infra-structure lead
invariably in most minds to the question that, although largely
meaningless, many wonder about, to wit;  was Gould a homosexual?
Friedmann addresses it in his bio of Gould, but it is left uncertain. My
first response is 'who cares', but on another level sexuality does play a
large part in what makes a person up, and to that end could reasonably be
included in a discussion of the private man.
FWIW, my sense is that Gould was a man who was terrified of his sexuality.
I base this on numerous accounts of his behaviour when a relationship
became a bit too intimate;  he broke it off. Fast.
This may or may not be fodder for the group and is probably a dead end
street, but I toss it in as a true fan, and in the hope the some
interesting discussion will result.

peace