GG: Bach, non-keyboard works

I'd like to cast my vote for the recent recording of the unaccompannied
cello suites by Mstislav Rostropovich. I am a trombonist, and my main
teacher was a student at Eastman in the late fifties, when all the
trombonists were made to study the cello suites. At any rate, they were
passed on to me and as a result I am intimately faimilar with them.
Rostropovich plays them beautifully and skillfully, and his
interpretations are precisely how I have always imagined the peices
should be played (not that that means a thing, to be sure).

Jeremy