Re: GG: Intros

In message <M3994539.001.4xh70.1.960528213906Z.CC-MAIL*/O=HQ/PRMD=USDOE/
ADMD=ATTMAIL/C=US/@MHS>, PHILIP.GARON@hq.doe.gov writes
>I'd love to hear
>     GG's performance, as conductor, of the section ("Urlicht"??) of
>     Mahler's "Resurrection" symphony which he recorded somewhere.
>     Doesn't it feature Maureen Forrester as the vocal soloist?

it's on the Video HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE GLENN GOULD COLLECTION. The Mahler
lasts just under 5 minutes. The video is available in the UK on SONY
SHV 48433 (or possibly 01-048433-81).

The whole tape is 46 mins. in length and includes, amongst other things,
an excerpt from R.Strauss's Elektra with GG 'singing' at the piano,
Scriabin's Prelude Op.49 No.2, and GG's So You Want to Write a Fugue.
It sells for about $10 over here, and I've really enjoyed it.
--
Richard Landau