GG:Intros

So many people have come and gone on the list (which hovers in membership
around 170 people from around 14 different countries) that I'd like to
extend the request for new members to introduce themselves, maybe
explain how you got interested in Gould, what your favorite recordings
are, etc.

I have to say I've been listening to GG's Gibbons/Byrd/Sweelink CD
with much joy recently.  Is there anyone on the list who's familiar
with these pieces?  Do recordings by other artists exist and if so are
GG's vastly different?

The liner notes say that people criticized GG for not playing the
pieces on a virginal-- what does one sound like?

Also I wonder if anyone has a favorite recording of Orlando Gibbons'
Anthems that they could suggest.

-Mary Jo