Re: GG:_GG_

	Today we listened to Gould's last recording of the Goldberg
Variations in my Music of Bach class. This was after listening to a
performance of the same piece by a harpsichordist, whose name I cannot
remember. Gould's interpretation was SO AMAZING!! The way his hands had
to cross on the piano in some of the variations is just amazing, and the
technique he had to have to play some of the fast parts was astounding!
My professor really loved this recording too... he had only listened to
the first recording he made of the Variations.

	Did Gould ever make a recording of the Art of the Fugue or the
Musical Offering? I am supposed to reccomend 6 recordings of each for
ourr library to purchase next year, and I know that I would reccomend ANY
recording made by Gould. Can anyone point me towards any recordings of
these?

	Thanks,

	Ryan

The only thing we have to fear is spearing ourselves...

			- A very wise man
Ryan Anderson
rla@lclark.edu
http://www.lclark.edu/~rla